Coolgirlsar Photos

Welcome to my blog, here I'll discuss goodness knows what but mostly I hope to discuss my photos that I've taken and in some cases played around with. I hope you all like what you see and please feel free to leave any comments which as always are very much appreciated and big thanks for all those kind enough to leave them.

Thank You.

Sarah. xxx

Friday 11 July 2008

Photos of the Week


I really don't know where the days go, we've had a few days of sunshine so I've tried to make the most of that in the garden, plus there is the school run and just general family life, all good, in fact all awesome! Anyway though it is no excuse for being lax in my blogging. As I've been a little lax in my blog posting though I decided this morning that I would try and do a new theme on my blog which would be a handful of my favourite photos I've taken during the week. I'll try to get them uploaded and an entry done by each Friday and hopefully I will have time to explain why I like these ones in particular. I'm hoping it will help with a few things (1) to get me taking more photos which in turn will (2) get to me to try out more settings and experiments with my camera and hopefully also (3) this will lead to me blogging more which in turn hopefully will (4) get my lazy butt in gear to check out other blogs I've looked and and like and leave comments. There's a lot of hopefully's in there but hopefully I'll keep to them.



So as this is the first week and I've had a bit of a busy week I thought I would use photos that weren't necessarily taken this week but just offloaded, or should that be downloaded or even uploaded... oh whatever... photos taken off my camera and put on my coolgirlsar flickr account and/or my littlemonstercallum photobucket account over the last couple weeks.

First up is Genie the Elephant. It's not a hugely great shot but it makes me smile. Genie is Callum's (that's my son) class pet Elephant and each child gets to take Genie home and then write in the diary about what they did. It so happened that when we had Genie it was lovely and sunny (yes I know how strange for England!). Upon getting home, Callum put on his shorts and t-shirt, grabbed Genie and headed out to the garden. Next thing I see is Genie sitting sunbathing, Callum said that Genie didn't want to play with mud and get dirty but sunbath as he didn't get to spend much time outside. I just thought it was cute.




Next up is a shot of a Lego truck with Indiana Jones in it. I love how I've managed to capture even his stubble... plus even in Lego form Lego form Indy is still tres hot! Phwaorrhhh!. Ahem, ermm yeah sorry about that.




Lastly it's a cloud photo. I love cloud spotting and seeing what objects you can make out in clouds. With this photo I experimented with my manual mode on my DSLR I think it was the first time so was quite happy with how the photos turned out. This one reminds me of two little legs going for a run.


2 comments:

JAMJARSUPERSTAR said...

Ooh, nice. I'm liking the lego Indy (at least, that's what I'm thinking it is!)
Ciao

http://scarletsculturegarden.blogspot.com
http://jamjarsuperstar.blogspot.com

coolgirlsar said...

hiya.

Yep you got it right, it is Lego Indy, they even have a Lego Indy's Dad, so cute. And thank you.